Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Eat In. Fresh fruit salad with yogurt and coconut.

Whenever I'm trying to be healthy, yogurt and fruit are my first thoughts. Earlier this week, I got a small container of strawberries, blueberries, and mango at Whole Foods. I figured I'd split this between three mornings for breakfast, with yogurt.

I used Stonyfield Farm organic low fat french vanilla, but any favorite yogurt would work here. To make things a bit more delicious and interesting (and admittedly less healthy), I topped it off with some sweetened shredded coconut I had in the cupboard. This was a move inspired by the Fresh Fruit Salad at Malibu's John's Garden--one of my all-time favorite lunch spots. They also use chopped roasted almonds, which I may include tomorrow.

This is a great quick and easy breakfast, or a good sandwich alternative for lunch on a summery day--like the ones we've been having this week.

-- Leslie Anne Wiggins

Photo credit: the BEAT

No comments:

Post a Comment