Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Eat In. Potato tacos.

Some of my favorite tacos in town are made with potatoes. El Carmen makes really delicious ones with a slice of avocado and salsa on top. Lotería's are great too. I've even seen potato tacos pop up at the Whole Foods hot food bar recently. I thought it was time I tried to make them at home.

At Gelson's I found some homemade-style corn tortillas which are chewy, like the ones I love at Poquito Más and The Spanish Kitchen. I boiled and mashed Yukon Gold potatoes, and added ripe avocado slices and a little spicy salsa. Pretty good!

-- Leslie Anne Wiggins

Photo credit: the BEAT

3 comments:

  1. you should try the ones at El Atacor... the only thing i missed about LA recently when i was in europe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do, El Malo! Thanks for the suggestion.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete