- 12 Medjool dates (usually a package will contain enough for two batches)
- 2 oz blue cheese
- 6 slices of bacon cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the dates lengthwise along one side and remove the pit.
- Fill the pocket you've created with about a tsp. of cheese.
- Tightly wrap the date with a piece of bacon, making sure the ends are tucked securely on the bottom.
- Arrange the dates on a cookie sheet (I usually cover it with tin foil, because it catches the majority of the grease and makes for easy clean up) and bake until the bacon crisps up and cheese is gooey.
- Place the dates on your favorite grease-absorbing material to dry them off a bit before serving.
-- Heather Robertson
Photo credit: Beyond Wonderful (I know, should be my own, but I forgot to snap picks last time I made them and I swear that is exactly what they look like)