Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Check It. Moleskine sleeve.

I'm not going to lie. I love my Moleskine. I keep one of blank lined pages available to write whatever passing thoughts I have, and I live and die by my horizontal day planner. I ordered one just as 2009 was ending so I wouldn't have to be a day without one. That's how much I like my Moleskine.

There are also a slew of other handy pocket-sized and larger Moleskines, equipped for your writing, creating, jotting needs. There's one for watercolors and painting, writing musical notes, travelling, organizing, and, my favorite, scheduling.

In response to this boom in popularity, Moleskine covers have become pretty prevalent. The above Molecover is made for these tiny journals, and although I am interested in protecting my Moleskine (how else would I know where to be on Wednesday at 9:00 p.m.?) part of it's allure is its sleekness.

It's perfectly slim enough to put in my purse without taking up too much room. A sleeve would just add bulkiness. The covers of my day planners have always lasted me the entire year, too, so for my lifestyle there isn't really enough wear-and-tear to justify such a purchase. But for those who love their Moleskines as much as I do, there are some options, like this one, and this design-it-yourself one, that can preserve your notebook for all of eternity.

I just need mine to survive this year, maybe a few more, but these new mushroom businesses seem a bit superfluous.

-- Lauren Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment