Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Check It. Tweet Museum.

Call me old-fashioned, but I'm not much a fan of Twitter. Do I really care about what happens every single second of your day? I don't, because you're probably not that interesting.

Many celebrities do happen to think they're interesting, and having a Twitter somehow further validates this. And granted, sometimes I do like knowing what John Mayer is thinking about at certain moments in time. Okay, maybe not, BUT if I did, I'd want Tweet Museum to illustrate it for me.

I don't know much about this recent discovery of mine, except that it seems fairly new and it is completely awesome. Odessa Begay has taken random tweets from a fair set of celebrity Twitter-ers (Twits? Twats? I've had this annoying boggle before) and created her own accompanying visual illustrations, tongue-in-cheek of course. Above? Inspired by Mayer's rather drab tweet: "Christmas on December 25 is merely a suggestion. It can come anytime between the 25 and 31. And it's happening now." I'm impressed by Begay's creativity with that one.

Begay says on the site that she only updates every Tuesday, and considering it only started in January, there aren't many Tweet-illustrations to browse through yet right now. This one's going in the bookmarks, though: ready to visit anytime I need a good chuckle with Nick Jonas and unicorns.

-- Chau Tu

Photo credit: Tweet Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment