Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Eat Out. Beard Papa's.

These giant, flaky cream puff pastries are absolutely wonderful. I've actually heard a coworker once describe them as "life changing". Although I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say that I'm a different person because I've eaten Beard Papa's cream puffs, they are quite tasty.

Much bigger then the profiteroles one can buy at Trader Joe's, these pastries are just a bit crunchy on the outside and have soft flaky bread and a wonderful cream on the inside. The inner cream comes in seven different flavors: original vanilla, coffee, chocolate, strawberry, pumpkin, earl gray tea, and green tea. Vanilla puffs are the classic.

Beard Papa's is hard to miss with its logo as a bearded man in a yellow hat with a pipe.

Beard Papa's has seven locations around Southern California, and several around the country and even a few abroad.

-- Lauren Williams

Photo credit: Beard Papa's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment