Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Eat Out. Louks truck.

The oh-so-popular food trucks in L.A. are kind of hit-and-miss. While Kogi and the Grilled Cheese truck are consistently good, others are unsure bets. I had the Gourmet Greek lunch truck Louks for the first time yesterday, after hearing good things, and it definitely lived up to its rumored goodness.

The veggie gyro was fresh, hearty and delicious. Packed with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, feta, french fries, and falafel (an optional ingredient that adds $1 to the reasonable $4 lunch), it was really satisfying. Served on warm flavorful bread, it really couldn't have been better. What was also nice--it came in a little bag with two quality napkins, a fork, a Louks business card, and a magnet.

I also got a drink, which was $2, so my total for a really great lunch was $7, but could have only been $5 if I'd brought my own beverage. They have a nice selection of Izze, Orangina, sodas, and water, so if you're thirsty, they're certainly well equipped in that department.

When you see this truck, get in line!

-- Leslie Anne Wiggins

Photo credit: the BEAT

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite trucks! I love that they put french fries in the gyro.

    ReplyDelete