Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Eat Out. Wat Dong Moon Lek.

Wat Dong Moon Lek is a great Thai restaurant in Silver Lake. A coworker told me about it, and I've been hooked ever since! The Panang curry (with tofu) is my favorite, but I recently started getting the Pad Thai (with chicken) and it's definitely as good. My guess it that everything on the menu is worth a try, really. I've brought a couple friends here and they loved it too.

The service is prompt and friendly when you eat in, and picking up take-away is convenient. It's located in a small strip mall which usually has at least a couple free parking spaces. Inside, it's comfortable and clean with interesting American pop culture sketches on the walls.

They make a fantastic Thai iced tea, and decent sticky rice too (better there than if you get it take-away, when the sitting time can make it clump together). Most menu items are very reasonably priced, at about $8. Cash only.

Wat Dong Moon Lek is located at 4356 Fountain Ave. in Silver Lake. (323) 666-5993

-- Leslie Anne Wiggins

Photo credit: watdongmoonlek.com



No comments:

Post a Comment