Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Eat Out. The Grilled Cheese Truck.


Reason #2787538 I love living on my block of Sunset:

I walked across the street to Walgreen's to pick up a few travel essentials tonight (because I'm leaving for a week in Massachusetts tomorrow!!!) and on my way back, I was starting to feel hungry. I cleaned out my fridge earlier (we all know how old food freaks me out) and, in my mad dash to pack, I sort of forgot to feed myself dinner. So I was bummed because I had just left the store and--for once--I didn't really feel like getting a slice of pizza at Two Boots. But then, lo and behold, parked not twenty feet from my door was LA's newest food truck, The Grilled Cheese Truck.

OK. Amazing. I got the Harvest Melt, which has Gruyere, butternut squash, leeks, balsamic, a bit of agave syrup for sweetness, and thyme. And I got it for $5. What an unexpected, convenient, cheap, and toasty/melty delight! A Festivus miracle, really.

But that isn't the half of it. Curbside, this place dishes up bbq pork, mac and cheese, a grilled desert sandwich with banana, Nutella, and marshmallow, and, last but not least, grilled cheese's trusty sidekick--tomato soup.

Brilliant!

The truck began making its rounds in late October when a couple of grilled cheese enthusiasts preparing for LA's Grilled Cheese Invitational (isn't this town rad?!) decided to take the show on the road.

Like every food truck in LA, you can follow this guy on Twitter and Facebook.

-- Heather Robertson

2 comments:

  1. This makes me wish I lived in LA. I'd have ordered the Cheesy Mac Melt, Caprese Melt and Dessert Melt. Mmmm.

    Delicious journalism, right here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goddddd, I want one.

    Lol @ "we all know how old food freaks me out."

    ReplyDelete